Monday, February 7, 2011

Yay! I have my computer back!! Let's go with week 5 of our block by block food storage!

Oh my goodness I am soooo glad to have my computer back!  I have missed my blogging!! 

Let's get back on track now - here is step 5

Week 5 - PERSONAL PRODUCTS Soap, Deodorant, toilet paper at least one roll per week. Shampoo, lotion, hand soap, 15 per person etc.  

Wow, this is a fun week.  I have been trying to figure out how much deodorant I need per person. Not sure on this one.  But I will go for one stick of deodorant for every 3 months per person.  That means I will need 4 sticks for myself and 4 for my husband.  For a total of 8 for the year.  

Toilet paper is easy one roll per week per family member. That means a total of 104 rolls of toilet paper for the year.

Shampoo is pretty easy for my husband and I.  I like to buy the largest bottles I can find when it comes to shampoo  and creme rinse.  For us each bottle last about 5 months.  So I know that I will need 3 bottles of each for the year.  Thank goodness my husband doesn't have much hair!!  (That's a joke!) 


Lotion I also get the large bottles.  Which means that I will need at least 15 bottles for myself and for my husband.  So 30 bottles.




 Hand soap - I like the bottled hand soap not the bars.

Softsoap  Antibacterial Moisturizing Soap  1 Gallon
 At Costco you can find 1 gallon containers of hand soap.  They also have hand santizer that would be great to add to our personal products.  I have seen it in the individual envelopes and in the pump bottle. Plus they have the round tub of santizer wipes for hands and counters. 
Purell® Sanitizing  Hand Wipes 100 ct  WrappedClorox  Disinfecting Wipes  Fresh Scent  1/75 ct

Toliet paper - there are many many places to get toliet paper.  I tend to watch for those wonderful coupons and sales and stock up when I find them.  Please remember that in times of emergencies you might have to use a porta potty or an outhouse or you might have to go outside.  So I try to purchase only white paper to help with the going green for the earth.



Just a short post this week.  I am so grateful to have my computer back and to be able to update my blog.
I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment