Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 24 Paper Products

Week 24: PAPER PRODUCTS Paper towels, Aluminum foil, garbage bags, freezer bags, etc.



Purchase non-food items such as toothpaste, deodorant, female products, diapers, Paper plates, plastic utensils, etc. are helpful to avoid wasting water washing dishes.



  • Store a year’s supply of all household items that you normally buy at the grocery store
  • Build up your supply by buying these items in large quantities when they are on sale, then only replace your stores when they go on sale again
  • Make sure you store the things particular to your family’s needs, my list might not include everything that YOU normally use
  • Don’t be afraid to use creative storage ideas for these items. A huge supply of toilet paper could go in a garage, attic, etc.
Things to consider storing:

  • Toilet Paper - 24 rolls per person per year.  
  • Paper Towels - most people use 1.5 rolls per week per family = 78 rolls per yr
  • Feminine Products - varies on needs
  • Diapers/Wet Wipes = 70 diapers a week for a newborn = 3640 per yr
  • Kleenex - 1 per week = 52 boxes
  • Paper Plates/Plastic Utensils/Napkins (can save on water in an emergency) - varies
  • Freezer bags - this depends I tend to use more freezer bags then I do aluminum foil so I would need more than normal. - For a box of 24 bags I would need at least one per month so 12 boxes.
  • Garbage bags - we use two different types at our house - one for the inside of the house and a different kind for the out side of the house.  So for inside the house I usually buy the bulk bags at Costco -  100 per box. Takes us about 3 months to go thru them.  So this would depend on how many people you have in your household.  For my husband and I we would need about 4 boxes per year for the inside bags.  The outside bags have 80 bags per box, for us we go thru about 1 box every 6 months so two boxes would work for us.
  • Aluminum foil - like I said before I don't use much of this so for our family I would a box of the 150 feet from Costco will last us about 6 months so I would say 2 boxes for us.
This was a tough week.  So much of the paper products depend on your family size.  I had to take a month and write down everything I used to come up with some of this.  So take some time and think about what your needs are as a family and what works best for your family.  

Remember the best items for your food storage are the items that are on sale.  Don't go over your budget for your food storage so a little at a time works the best!  


No comments:

Post a Comment