Monday, February 27, 2012

Food Storage Orange Cake Recipe


FEBRUARY IS “LET THEM EAT (FOOD STORAGE) CAKE!” MONTH!
Alright, so this recipe does include a cake mix but it still has food storage in it and it’s only because I haven’t shown you yet how to make your own mixes, yet! (hint, hint…more to come but I’m hoping for something really cool, so you’ll just have to wait a little longer). You may remember me telling you that I was going to have people submit recipes that they would like me to convert to food storage-well that day has come! (If you have a recipe you’d like me to look at, email it to everydayfoodstorage (at) gmail (dot) com.) Pam emailed me with a recipe for Orange Cake and I’ve taken it and converted it to a food storage recipe. It’s actually a very good cake (the frosting is VERY GOOD!).

Food Storage Orange Cake Recipe
Print
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
This delicious food storage cake is light and springy. Tropical almost. So delicious!
Ingredients
  • 1 White Cake Mix
  • 4 eggs (3 scant T. dry egg whites powder + 1/4 c. water)
  • 3/4 C. oil (or white bean puree)
  • 1 can mandarin oranges (juice included)
  • Frosting:
  • 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
  • 1 can crushed pineapple with juice
  • 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
Instructions
  1. Mix together and bake in 9×13 pan at 350 for 25 minutes. I did mine in a bundt pan and followed cooking directions on the back of the box. If you do a bundt pan, allow it to cool for 15 minutes and then turn over. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
  2. To make frosting, simply mix ingredients together and frost cake.
  3. Refrigerate and serve cold.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment