Monday, May 7, 2012

Safe Home Food Storage


I couldn't decide what to post tonight.  While I was searching the web I came arcoss  some package food and mix information that I thought you might want to learn about.  I hope you learn as much as I have.

I tend to buy packaged cake mixes and pudding mixes so I really liked this chart!  Smith's has a lot of buy 10 for $10.00 cake mixes.  With a hugh family and wonderful grandkids it's much easier for me.
I like to buy crackers and snacks in bulk from Costco.  I just have to be sure I keep an eye on the expiration dates.  When we go camping we take the pancake mixes and always end up bring some back home.  So it's real important for me to practice good storage guidelines for my left over mix. 

Just a short post this week.  I hope everyone has a good week.  Hope to see you on Sunday at church.
Packaged Foods and Mixes
Biscuit, brownie, and muffin mixes
9 months
Cakes, prepared
2-4 days
2-3 months
Cake mixes
6-9 months
Casserole mix
9-12 months
Chili powder
6 months
Cookies, packaged
2 months
8-12 months
Crackers, pretzels
3 months
Frosting, canned
3 months
Frosting, mix
8 months
Fruit cake
2-3 months
1 year
Hot roll mix
18 months
Instant breakfast products
6 months
Pancake and piecrust mix
6 months
Pancake waffle batter
1-2 days
3 months
Toaster pastries
3 months
Sauce and gravy mixes
6 months
Soup mixes
1 year

No comments:

Post a Comment